As you will be aware from both the local and National media, there will be no examinations taking place in the summer of 2021 as a consequence of the COVID-19 pandemic.
In place of examination results students will receive a centre assessed grade which is based upon a portfolio of evidence collated by their subject teachers.
The portfolio may contain a range of evidence dependent on the subject. This could include:
- Assessments based on exam board provided materials.
- Non-exam assessment work (often referred to as coursework).
- College devised tasks that reflect the specification, format and marking of the awarding body.
- Substantial pieces of class or homework where appropriate.
- Internal tests and mocks taken by students during the course of study.
- Records of a student’s capability and performance over the course of study in performance-based subjects such as music, drama and PE.
If you require any further information on how assessments will take place during 2021 please contact the college and ask to speak with a member of the Senior Leadership Team.