English at Springwell aims to prepare students to be articulate and empathetic communicators; to provide students with a skill–set required for the ever-evolving professional climate. It does this by:
- Equipping students to become confident and expressive oral communicators with a broad vocabulary, in a range of formal and informal situations.
- Engaging students with a breadth of literature across the ages.
- Encouraging students to become creative, dynamic and effective writers with a broad range of vocabulary and a high level of technical accuracy.
Key Stage 3
A journey of exploration designed to promote a passion for a lifelong love of English, in order to yield high quality communicators.
- To equip students with a range of terminology that can be applied across a variety of contexts.
- To ensure spelling, punctuation and grammar is used consistently with accuracy.
- To become habitual readers with appropriately matched and enjoyable texts.
- To explore a range of writing styles for a variety of audiences.
Key Stage 4
A structured sequence of lessons that builds upon the foundations laid in Key Stage 3. Fostering independent analytical and autonomous learners in order to produce high quality communicators.
- To encourage fluency of analytical approaches.
- To ensure a consistent high level of technical accuracy across all mediums.
- To become informed, critical and evaluative readers.
- To employ a wide range of writing styles to suit audience and purpose.