The Arts at Springwell aim to prepare students to be culturally aware and creatively open-minded citizens in a world where the diverse range of visual and expressive arts are an important influence in everyday life. It does this by:
- Providing insight into a range of visual and expressive, cultural and creative experiences.
- Challenging students to use a range of arts disciplines, materials and techniques.
- Creating an understanding of the impacts of creative subjects within the wider world.
- Giving students the vocabulary and technical know-how that allows them to communicate and express their creativity.
- Appreciation of the arts in the wider context of different cultures, genres and historical settings.
Key Stage 3
Provides a structured sequence of lessons to give a grounding in knowledge and skills, that allow students to function as effective emerging artists both now and in the future. Also, preparing them to study visual arts as a qualification at GCSE level during Key Stage 4 and beyond. The course will include:
- Exploration of 2D and 3D materials, techniques, methods and processes.
- Appreciation and analysis of artists, cultures and art styles.
- Development of skills to realise intentions.
Key Stage 4
Creates a sequence of lessons to build upon the knowledge and skills developed at Key Stage 3. The aim is to effectively prepare students for GCSE assessment at the end of Year 11, as well as equipping them to study the qualification at a higher level. The course will include:
- In depth investigations into fine art practises, artists and designers.
- Application of skills across a range of materials, techniques and processes 2D and 3D.
- An opportunity to develop a personal response to a given theme and realise intentions.