Enterprise at Springwell aims to prepare students for life in an ever-changing world. Understanding how enterprises operate and how they are involved with and affect our everyday lives, giving students an insight into the world in which they live.
It does this by:
Preparing students to have an in-depth knowledge of small and medium enterprises and how they are run.
In a world where most businesses are classed as small or medium enterprises understanding how there operate has a real relevance to students lives both now and in the future. This may be as consumers, employees or employers. The economic importance of small or medium enterprises is unquestionable, their global nature and interactions is what drives the worldwide economy. The enterprise that fills the gap in the market today will be the big business of tomorrow and will therefore play a key role in everyone’s lives.
Key Stage 4
Enterprise at Springwell enables learners to:
- Demonstrate skills of enquiry, critical thinking, decision making, analysis and evaluation.
- Acquire knowledge and understanding of how an enterprise operates.
- Be able to apply their knowledge and develop their own enterprise idea.
- Carry out calculations to judge and compare the performance of different enterprises.
- Develop presentation skills by providing an opportunity to carry out a business pitch.
- Appreciate how theoretical understanding supports practice and practice supports theoretical understanding.